University of East Anglia, 12th-14th September 2019.
Topics may include, but are not restricted to:
- Lessing’s relationship to questions of gender, feminism and women’s liberation
- Lessing’s politics: Communism, Anti-Communism and the New Left
- Lessing and the theory of the novel: realism and/or experimentalism in Lessing’s work
- Lessing as short story writer / poet / playwright
- Science fiction
- Sufism / religion
- Lessing and Africa: from the colonial to the postcolonial
- Archives: Lessing’s papers, her interest in archives
- Reception and readership
- Lessing in translation (the BCLT at UEA has an extensive archive of translations: contact the conference organisers if you would like to consult this)
- Teaching Lessing
- Lessing’s influence
Please send proposals for 20 minute papers, panels, roundtables, and creative contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th April 2019. More here.